How does Online Backup work ?
The PerfectBackup offsite backup software runs a daily fully automated offsite and online backup of your important files and data. This allows you to dedicate your valuable time to your business instead of your daily data backup.
After the simple installation of the software you select the files and/or directories with important data. You'll only have to do this the first time, but it's possible to change the selection later on when needed.
The first time a full online backup will be made from the selected files. After encryption and compression these are sent to the PerfectBackup offsite servers for save storage through a SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)connection.
From that moment on, a daily (incremental) backup will be made of all new and changed files. This on a time of the day determined by yourself.
After each backup you'll receive an e-mail notification with a detailed report of your backup. If the PerfectBackup servers didn't receive your scheduled backup you'll be notified as well.
Your files will be stored clusterd on different layers to ensure that there's always a copy available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
What do you need to use our offsite backup services:
• Preferably a broadband internet connection.
• 110 MB free space on your harddisk.
• 256 MB internal memory (512 MB recommended)
The PerfectBackup network ensures the highest possible backup performance and the highest availability. Our server and storage infrastructure is connected to following networks via BGP-4 Protocol.
- AMS-IX 2 x 10 Gbps.
- TeliaSonera 1 x 10 Gbps. + 2 x 1 Gbps.
- KPN Eurorings 1 x 10 Gbps + 2 x 1 Gbps.
- Teleglobe / VSNL 1 x 10 Gbps + 2 x1 Gbps.
- Abovenet 7 x 1 Gbps.
- Global Crossing 1 x 10 Gbps.
- MCI / VERIZON 2 x 1 Gbps.
- DE-CIX 1 Gbps.
- BNIX 1 Gbps.
- Easy web interface.
- Backup schemes can be amended upon request.
- All data is encrypted and compressed automaticly before contact is made with the server.
- Only amendments or new files are transferred to the server as a result of using incremental backups.
- MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases (from 8i upwards) are supported (hot backup).
- MS Exchange server and Lotus Notes are supported (hot backup).
- You can access and use your backup data at any time and from anywhere through a standard internet browser.
- You will receive backup reports stating all files for which copies have been received. You will receive such a report by email after each backup.
- All backup data is checked and validated before being stored by means of CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check).
- Even deleted files can be repaired and you can choose from different earlier versions.
- You can easily select files for backup by indicating the type of file for which you would like to make a backup, such as *.doc or *.xls.
- PerfectBackup can be used with Windows, MAC OS X, Linux as well as several other platforms, such as Sun Solaris and Novell Netware.
- Thanks to Live Update your software will always be up to date.
- You will receive daily reports concerning backup status, file sizes as well as an overview of all activities that have taken place within the last 24 hours.